This intercommunal school is open to everyone, both adults and children (from ages 3 and up). The places are allocated giving priority to children. Classes are taught in Bourg Saint Maurice, Tignes and Val d’Isère. Students follow specific courses and come to discover all types of music and its different areas. The teaching is not just about learning to play an instrument, students are also active within the school through educational projects and collective practice.
Our 18 teachers offer different disciplines in Bourg Saint Maurice, Val d’Isère and Tignes:
Cello, violin, guitar (classic, folk, electric and bass), percussion, piano, flute, saxophone, accordion, trombone, tuba but also ; singing, musical training, collective practice in orchestras and musical introduction for the young ones.
Ecole de Musique de Haute Tarentaise
20 rue Jean Moulin for reception and management
Reception opening hours:
From Monday to Thursday from 9.00am to 12.00pm and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm, (open until 6.00pm on Wednesdays). The reception is closed on a Friday.
There are also sub-offices in Tignes (Ecole Michel Barrault) and in Val d’Isère (Maison de Val). The main contact office is in Bourg Saint Maurice.
Leisure Club – Leisure Home 3-11 years:
The elected representatives for the Community Council voted to extend the influence of the Municipal Community concerning children and youth. Some Municipal Communities became intercommunal in 2016 to offer these services to all inhabitants.
The leisure club includes several facilities :
– 3/4 year olds : Central Nursery School, Avenue Kennedy (every holiday period). - 5 years old up : The Chalet, Marais Zone (April, Summer and Autumn holidays) or Central Primary School, Avenue Kennedy (Christmas and February holidays)
Children are welcome from 8.30am until 6.00pm
• It is possible to bring a cold meal (not microwavable) for children enrolled all day.
Service Club Loisirs, Sylvie Caplan and Valérie Toussaint
+33 (0)4.79.07.74.22 ou +33 (0)6 26 79 71 14
Necessary for registration : your French family allowance certificate (« quotient familial » form the CAF) from the past 3 months and vaccination booklet.
Youth Centre 11-17 Years old:
The Youth Centre located at Immeuble le Verseau, 961 rue de Pinon (Quartier des Epines) in Bourg Saint Maurice is a leisure space open to 11-17 year olds in the Haute Tarentaise from 3.00pm to 6.00pm from Monday to Friday in the school period, and all day from Monday to Friday during school holidays (with planned events).
During the school period, teenagers can come to buy a youth card to find out about planned activities for 16-25 year olds
(BAFA-BAFD and called for projects), to sign up for holiday activities, and to discuss with the organisers.
Registration for activities, courses, camps and outings offered by the Youth Centre cannot be done online at the moment.
Families interested in one or more activities must download the 2017-2018 registration form and give it to the organisers directly at the “Service Enfance-Jeunesse”
or contact them via the contact form.
More information: Here.
Immeuble le Verseau, Quartier des Epines
961 Rue de Pinon
73 700 Bourg Saint Maurice
+33 (0)4.79.07.27.16 et+33 (0)184.108.40.206.62
Opening times for the public during school periods:
From Monday to Friday, from 2.00pm to 6.00pm and by appointment outside these hours.
Monday from 10.00am to 12.00am during school holidays (registration for activities)
• Nursery Assistants:
Since 1st April 2016, the Haute Tarentaise Community Council have offered a new service to prospective parents or parents of young children (0-3 years old) as well as to nursery assistants in the Haute Tarentaise : the “Relais Parents Assistantes Maternelles” (RPAM). This service has been offered so far to the communities of Bourg Saint Maurice and Séez (RAM).
The “Relais Parents Assistantes Maternelles” is not only reserved for nursery assistants but is also a place of information and exchange with future parents or parents of children from 0 to 3 years old (pre schooling).
The objectives of service for parents :
To inform of you of our childcare options
– Information on childcare arrangements - Administration procedures and information on the role of the employer (declaration, work contract, payslip…) - Information on financial aid and tax benefits associated with the employment of a Nursery Assistant. - An area for listening and speaking (evening debates, conferences…) The responsibilities of the Nursery Assistants : - Information on professional statutes (social cover, salary, paid holidays, tax system…) - Informative meetings and reflections on topics concerning the profession (evening debate conferences,…) - Workshops and games for children with their Nursery Assistant : Monday mornings at the Bourg Saint Maurice Library (from 8.45am to 11.00am) Tuesday mornings in Tignes (from 9.30am to 11.00am) Friday mornings in Bourg Saint Maurice or Séez (at the ‘Roselière’, the Media Library, the CHORUS room or the ‘Foyer Rural’ in Séez) One Thursday morning a month at the Media Library in Séez (from 10.15am to 11.00am) One morning every two months in the Chapelles Festival Hall. One morning a month in Val d’Isère (Media Library and Maison de Val) One morning in the school holidays at either Vulmix or Ste Foy schools. The exact program is sent every month to all Nursery Assistants in the community. The Nursery Assistants in Haute Tarentaise can go to any commune to take part in the activities. The Manager of Relais is at their disposal to organise other activities.
RPAM – Relais Parents Assistantes Maternelles
Immeuble le Rochefort (entrance at the rear)
115 Avenue du Stade
73 700 Bourg Saint Maurice
+33 (0)4.79.07.11.97 et+33 (0)220.127.116.11.50
Telephone line open Mondays from 2.00pm to 5.30pm, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2.00pm to 7.00pm, and Thursdays from 2.00pm to 4.00pm. It is possible to come to the Relais premises by appointment.
The Relais offers appointments in our communes according to the needs of families or Nursery Assistants (personal needs).
• Nursery “Brin de Malice” in Bourg Saint-Maurice :
The Nursery Brin de Malice is open from 7.45am to 6.15pm from Monday to Friday. They welcome children living in Bourg Saint Maurice and Séez.
They have :
– 15 permanent places (3 to 5 days per week with a yearly contract)
– 5 part time places (2 half days per week)
Please contact us for any new registrations on Mondays, Tuesdays or Thursdays from 8.30am to 12.00am on+33 (0)4 79 07 59 31.
• Games Library :
The Games Library is a place to meet and share games, and enjoying playing.
At the Games Library, you can…
– play on site and and enjoy the well equipped and different themed spaces, which are updated regularly including : a corner for babies, play house, cars, and board game area
– discover new games : more than 1000 games at your disposal with updated stock
– talk and play with other families - borrow games for up to 3 weeks The Games Centre also has…
* Nursery Assistants present with the children they look after. Mondays from 8.45am to 11.15am. (contact :+33 (0)4.79.07.11.97 for Nursery Assistants) * Children’s Reception at ” Brin de malice ” with a teacher. Thursdays from 9.00am to 11.30am
* Reception and loaning of games for people in the community, or other local communities
* Activity and games projects alongside our partners all year round : themed activities –> Kapla, discovery of new local board games and large wooden games…
* Loan of large wooden games for all your events : for rental rates, contact us ⇒ Visit the Games Library, learn more about us, the rules and regulations Registration and tarifs :
⇒ Annual “family” membership. For families :
• in Bourg Saint Maurice : 10,70€
• in Séez : 10,70€
• out of town : 13,50€ This membership entitles you to play on site and borrow games for a duration of 3 weeks (1 game per person).
Deposit of 1,40€ for each game loan.
Loan your game 1/2 an hour before closing (11.00 in the morning and 17.30 in the afternoon).
⇒ For families on holiday : 3,10€ entry to use games on site.
Opening times :
– Tuesday from 9.00am to 11.30am
– Wednesday from 9.00am to 11.30am and from 2.00pm to 6.00pm
– Thursday from 2.00pm to 6.00pm
– Friday from 9.00am to 11.30am To play on site and/or borrow games !
Find us at Rochefort, 115 avenue du stade and don’t hesitate to contact us on+33 (0)4 79 07 40 69
• Nursery “Les P’tits Mouzets” Montvalezan:
Located in the resort of la Rosière, Les P’tits Mouzets opened its doors on 2nd December 2013. Built by the community and managed by the “Centre Communal d ‘Action Sociale” (CCAS) of Montvalezan. Today the nursery accommodates 32 children, who come from the commune of Montvalezan and other local communities, currently from Seez and St Foy.
Opening hours during the winter period are adapted to the needs of parents who work non-standard hours. The quality of the nursery is extended by an educational project based on the well-being, development and respect of the individuality of each child.
Every day, the little ones can let off steam in various fun workshops offering lots of opportunities for creation and experimentation, such as art, cooking, theatre, body language workshops or musical discovery. We welcome all children from French-English families, as we have adopted a bilingual approach, through fun workshops to discover the English language. These workshops allow children to learn the language gradually and to stimulate linguistic development in children who are already bilingual.
Age of children : from 3 months to 4 years old
Nursery capacity : 15 places
Our aims :
• Promote the individual development of each child, by creating a welcome adapted to their needs ;
• Ensure their health and safety and meet their basic needs ;
• Promote the autonomy of the child, through learning life skills and respecting their individual pace ;
• Ensure continuity of childcare between their home and the nursery ;
• Provide a stimulating, exploration friendly environment, adapted to the age of the child
• Contribute to the well being and healthy development of the children ;
• Prepare the child for Nursery school and support parents in their educational role.
Forms of admittance
• Regular full time or part time admittance : needs are known in advance and attendance is recurring, a contract is signed ;
• Occasional admittance : needs are known in advance, ad hoc and non recurring attendance. Only possible within the limit of places available ;
• Emergency admittance : planned for a defined period and for a short time.
For registration and additional information, parents are welcome to make an appointment with the manager on :+33 (0)9 67 38 44 26
• Ski Club – Union Sportive de Montvalezan – La Rosière :
Numerous sports practice and high level ski training
The Montvalezan Sports Union offers alpine skiing and freestyle skiing at competition level.
42 licensed children from 8 to 16 years old (31 for alpine skiing and 11 for freestyle)
Address : Maison du ski – La Rosière 1850 – 73700 Montvalezan Contact us+33 (0)6 80 68 51 33
Office / Members :
President : Marc Pirard
Treasurer : Laurent Hanicotte
Secretary : Christelle Gaidet
Contact within the association : Marc Pirard (President)
Number of members : currently 42 members in the association.
Resident ski passes in La Rosière – Espace San Bernardo :
People living in Séez on 1st January of the current year and with proof of payment of housing tax to the commune can benefit from discounted rates on their season ski pass for la Rosière – Espace San Bernardo.
Information on the DSR (Domaine Skiable de la Rosière) :+33 (0)18.104.22.168.00
Leisure Centre Bourg Saint-Maurice :
The Leisure Centre has both an indoor and outdoor swimming pool :
Indoor (open all year)
– a 25 metre pool
– a learning pool (indoor paddling pool)
Outdoor (open only in the summer)
– a 50 metre pool
– a water playground for children up to 6 years old
– 400 m² of lawn area, around the outdoor pool, with refreshment and food stands Multiple activities are offered : swimming lessons, adult aquagym, aquabike, baby swimming, diving, kayaking… Water temperatures :
– indoor 25 metre pool : 28°
– indoor learning pool : 30°
– outdoor 50 metre pool : 26° Important information :
– The outdoor pool is only accessible during the summer season.
– The pool must be vacated 20 minutes before the closure of the centre.
– The last entry time is 40 minutes before the closure of the centre. Inhabitants of Séez can benefit from discounted tarifs for access to the Leisure Centre, for more information contact :+33 (0)4 79 07 09 27